MOBT Program Leaders are the main points of contact in the event of an emergency. Any emergency, no matter how big or how small, must be communicated to the MOBT Program Leaders so they can take action along with any University Program Leaders.
Events considered to be an emergency include, but are not limited to:
- Civil unrest or other security-related issue
- Communication device failure in remote locations
- Injury, illness or death of participants or group leaders
- Need for others to contact participants
- Need to unexpectedly return home
- Participant or group leader behavioral issues
- Theft or other crimes
- Vehicle accidents or breakdown
- Weather-related emergencies
In the event that a participant becomes ill, we will take actions depending on the severity of the illness. Possible actions include:
- Providing basic first aid supplies from the first aid kit possessed by the MOBT Program Leaders
- Minimizing contact with other participants while having ill participant continue on the program
- Providing assistance in locating healthcare facilities for ill participant
- Providing assistance in transferring to departure city accommodations to wait for the program to end
- Providing assistance in transferring to the departure airport for immediate departure from Morocco
If at any time a participant exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 or any other highly communicable illness, they must notify a MOBT Program Leader immediately. Participants will be immediately isolated, and COVID-19 testing will be required for the participant to continue with the program.
In the event of COVID-19 infection, the following actions will be taken:
- Immediate isolation of all positive participants
- Providing assistance in transferring to accommodations approved for quarantine by the Morocco Ministry of Health
- Providing assistance in transferring to airport once quarantine is complete and the participant is able to return to their home country
In any event where a participant needs to be transferred away from the rest of the group, a MOBT Staff Member will accompany them to their final destination.
If any participants need to interact with local authorities, MOBT Staff will assist in communication or filing any reports. MOBT is not responsible for the actions of program participants.
MOBT requires all program participants to use the GroupMe app for mobile devices for mass communication. This platform will allow MOBT Staff, University Faculty and Staff, and Student Participants to communicate in mass for easier communication.
Emergency alerts will be communicated through GroupMe and individual emails if necessary.GroupMe is also available for University Faculty & Staff to use for non-emergency group communication.
Emergency Meeting Places
The MOBT Program Leaders will communicate emergency meeting places in each destination, typically the accommodation or a public point of interest.
In the unlikely event that all communication is severed and country evacuation is required, the general meeting place is:
ONOMO hotel Casablanca Airport
H6, Nouaceur.ZF.6 Lotissement du Parc Industriel MIDPARC 27 000 NOUACEUR، Casablanca 27000, Morocco
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
It is highly recommended that all program participants enroll in the U.S Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. Enrollees will receive security and safety information and alerts from the U.S. Government, in addition to communication from the U.S. Embassy.
U.S. Embassy and Consulate Contact Information
Km 5.7, Avenue Mohamed VI
Souissi, Rabat 10170, Morocco
Phone: (212) 0537 637 200
8, Bd Moulay Youssef
Phone: (212) 522-64-20-00
U.S. Department of State Country Information for Morocco
Commercial Professional Liability Insurance
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company