Application deadline: August, 3rd at 11:55 pm (Pacific Time)
Title: Program Coordinator
Type of position: Full time Exempt
Duties: A Program Coordinator organizes and coordinates all tours and programs of Morocco Off the Beaten Track (MOBT). They are responsible for ensuring travel arrangements run as smoothly as possible and provide travelers with practical support throughout their trip.
An in-depth knowledge of a particular area or region is essential and a Program Coordinator may act as tour guide during the tour. They use their language skills and knowledge, for example of the culture or history of an area, to ensure the tour goes smoothly and that travelers enjoy themselves.
Duty starts: August 2018 (3 months renewable contract)
Report to: Director of Study Abroad
Duty Locations: Remotely (Must be based in Morocco)
As a Program Coordinator, you’ll need to:
- Accompany groups travelling by car, private vehicles or public transportation
- Welcome travelers at their starting point and announce details of travel arrangements and stop-over points
- Check tickets and other relevant documents, seat allocations and any special requirements
- Help with passport and immigration issues
- Assist travelers with check-in and settle them into their accommodations
- Communicate a range of information on itineraries, destinations and culture
- Inform passengers of arrival and departure times at each destination on the itinerary and ensure that all members of the group are back on the coach before departing from each stop
- Develop a specialist area of knowledge
- Make sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that accommodation, meals and service are satisfactory
- Organize entry to attractions and transport, such as car hire
- Ensure that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group
- Respond to questions and offer help with any problems that arise, ranging from simple matters, such as directing a member of the group to the nearest pharmacy to more serious issues, such as tracing lost baggage
- Deal with emergencies, such as helping a traveler who is ill or those needing to contact family members urgently
- Make contact in advance with places to stay or visit to check details and arrangements
- Liaise with hotels, travel companies, restaurants and business partners
- Advise about facilities, such as sights, restaurants and shops at each destination
- Occasionally make accommodation bookings on proposed dates
- Organize and attend tourism events, conferences, workshops, seminars and exhibitions
- Write reports and maintain records
- Provide feedback after a tour as part of a debrief session.
As a Program Coordinator you are responsible for travelers throughout their tour, working hours are generally from early morning through until late in the evening, including weekends. You may be on call 24-hours-a-day in case of an emergency.
What to expect
- A Program Coordinator involved in the planning and organization of tours or special-interest holidays may be employed for additional time, depending on performance.
- A Program Coordinator is often self-employed, working on a freelance basis, moving from one tour to another.
- The work is often without supervision or an office base and there is usually considerable contact with clients.
- Program Coordinator is always on show during a tour so your appearance and clothing must be smart and your behaviour exemplary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent or native in English and Moroccan Arabic
- 2 years of customer service and project management, preferably in the travel industry
- A valid driver’s license
- CPR Certification
- Certified Tour Guide
How to apply?
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com